August 28, 2011

In the Fish-Eye Club!

Baraja´s just left. I´m way way sad. he was such a stud and taught me how to laugh and have fun on the mission. we walked all day and talked the whole time. about a whole bunch of  random questions. the official combio doesn´t happen until the 29th. so I was put into a trio with my tios (Elder Demke y Corliss) So I still haven´t finished my training and I was suppose to do that just with Elder Cortés. but instead I´ve had Elder Cortés (mi padre), Elder Barajas (mi madre, or stepfather) and now I got Elder Demke (which we decided to name my godfather). fun facts. The lead singer of Killers is now active again and is the activity guy for the elders quorm. I got to see the video Jack Black sent to Demke its so legit to hear Jack Black ask about how the mission and the people in Chile are. I´m now in the fish eye club! ate two of them the other day. we eat alot of fish. lots of different kind. its weird how the meat tastes so different. I hated fish before but i think the ocean fish just taste so much better.
One of my investigators that came yesterday brought her kids. I was taking care of one and she was trying to take care of her baby. the baby towards the end started to cry a bit and some sister i´d never seen before just decided she could help. she came over and grabbed the baby out of my investigators hands and walked out of the chaple without saying a word to the mom!!! ugh she ran after her and was shouting out her. I ran out with them and i got them to calm down a bit. the sister finally gave the baby back and just kept saying. "Elder you need to bless this baby right now. the baby´s sick." haha it just all went so south so fast. My investigador grabbed her kids and left. I tried to apoligize in my broken spanish and was trying to comfort her. UGH Idk i guess we´ll go visit her this week and see what effect it caused. but yeah it was crazy.
So having a huge blast now with everything promise. Language has slown down quite a bit with a house full of greengos. but I know how to get around and what there is to do. how to work money and how to have some fun during the day ( thanks to barajas ) Love and miss you all. two years is going to be a very long time but i´m starting to have the time of my life.

Elder Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment