May 20, 2011

Know the Scriptures Better

Wow think only 2 more pdays and i'm gonna be in south america! did that go fast for anyone else!? Dad about Bella's noise. it's her itching the back of her throught. she still do it? the pics you send are so so great! I love them so much but don't send too many. they take time to load but i wanna see them all so bad. also please use dearelder if you could. but this working fine too i just wanna write you back and don't have paper to look back on what to talk about. k this weeks speaker was Elder Hinkley! so so good! He definetly has his father's humor. he did however tell us about the story where those two missionaries died from the gas. he explained how angry President Monson was. they met in a counsel meeting and the prophet pointed rigth at him and said "We cannot allow this to happen." how intense would that be to have the prophet point a fnger at you. I had another humbling experience with one of my branch counsolers. Hermano Sanchez. I was in an interview with him and he asked me how comfortable i felt with explaining the doctrines in preach my gosple. he then said ok give me a seven minute lesson on the law of the fast starting with a scripture. when i sheepishly admited i couldn't think of one off the top of my head he said "Elder Valdez you need to know the Scriptures better." Yup been working on finding a scripture for every doctrine now. Just finished Matthew. If someone has just half hour for the Lord and yourself please read Matthew 26-28 and then 3 Nephi 11. so good so good! O mom some very interesting people are going to email you a picture of me. please tell them thank you. I was sitting in lunch and a random lady came up to me and Elder Brady and just started up a conversation. turns out she's from Preston and she was just so happy that she found someone so close to home she decided to take a picture. um yeah. anyway what's with all this flooding i'm hearing about? Spanish is coming great! I definetly need to use it more but there's so much i wanna say but i can't in spanish so i switch to english. One of my teachers here is Hermano Zivic (Civic like the car). His dad is one of the Seventy! he's the nicest teacher and teaches us so much. Why didn't anyone tell me we could have tea!? I was in a lesson teaching the word of wisdom and he had to stop me and tell me that it's only black, green, and iced tea that's the no no's. anyway yeah got so much to do and so much to learn! Hows everyone doing? School's almost out right? Sounds like Kaleb's just traveling all over the place! You should definetly check out a hockey game when your in Calgary! Man after reading the story of Christ I just live Him so much. When Matthew was describing the crucifixion and what they did before they crucified Him there was a foot note that took me to 1 nephi 9 19. i think. someone double check. anyway it says He suffered all this because He loved them. I can't even comprehend that. When someone hits me in hockey or lacrosse i definetly don't love them. and its just a game! man i got alot of stuff to repent of! Love you and miss you all so so much. Look for Christ's love in everyday of your lives! then if you wanna take it a step further write it down :) Well until next week.
 
Elder Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment