June 29, 2011

Fleas!

I remember the first season of hockey. How frustrated i got that i wasn't skating like everyone else. I felt like such a burden to the team that i couldn't skate. sometimes i did think why am i here? I'm just waisting money. But every so often when i'm putting on my skates and gloves its like "Oh my gosh i'm actually doing this! I'm actually playing hockey! I've wanted to do this ever since i was a kid!" Yup so I got hit pretty hard these first two weeks but i've got my skates under me again. I know I most likely will fall down again but I'll get back up and do it all over again. Idk but I feel pretty confident on skates now so why would spanish be any different? And the difference is I get to practice spanish 24/7! So we had four baptisms this week! Sweet huh? It was hard feeling a part of it because i really didn't do much. but i do love these people and they're my first best friends in Chile! Whenever we visited them they've help me so much with the language. O yeah fleas. I know you all have joked that i have fleas but now its real. haha I wake up every morning with bites all over and they itch so bad. we're waiting for more bug spray but in the meantime i guess i'll just enjoy it. yeah the day of the baptism i woke up to little red bites all over! I went down stairs to shower as fast as I can. But when i got there the entire down stairs was flooded. haha! we spent the morning sponging it up with pieces of a blanket and then ringing those out into a bucket. I'll send you guys the pics. Yup its been such an adventure everyday. The skies right now are all...i don't know the word....cloudy? with ash from the volcano going on. pretty cool huh? Yup so real quick on the baptisms. Names Gabriela, Veronica, Perla, y Pedro. I got to baptize Gabriela. Yeah almost drowned her. I felt so so bad and hope i didn't ruin the special day. We had Once with her after the baptism and about half way through it she started talking to me again so yay i was forgiven! This is a blast. this week was ten million times better. It's all about attitude. You have to have to have to just literally jump out of bed at six thirty knowing that today's going to be a great day. (You also have to jump and get moving cuz we don't have a heater and you gotta get the blood going. You sleep in sweatshirts, sweatpants, socks, and sometimes a beenie ) ok but where was i about attitude. Yeah if your not happy right now you gotta change how you look at it. Everyone tells me this but not until i was here did i realize how true it really is. your in control no one else. Miss and love you all. Hara for Israel!

Elder Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment